It's been a while since I posted a top 10 list, so in light of the upcoming NFL Season and my mentioning of my listening to pump-up music before sporting events, here goes. I'm sure this will get a wide range of opinions, because even I had trouble putting down only 10.
Top 10 Best Pump Up Songs
10) Puff Daddy w/ Notorious BIG & Busta Rhymes - Victory - Taken from the Rocky song, it already had a good start, then when Busta starts rapping, you can feel your adrenaline flow
9) WWF Intros - Jericho (Break the Walls Down) - I know this isn't really a song, but it was put on the WWF CD and it really gets me pumped up. It's losing its edge since I don't watch wrestling much anymore, but it still has its place on this list.
8) Disturbed - Sickness - There's something about screaming like an animal that really makes a song pump you up
7) Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot - I remember countless nights in college destroying stuff while this played over the speakers. The constant ups and downs make it that much more intense...plus it's about a guy shooting himself in the head.
6) Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff - The song is called Break Stuff. And it started a riot at Woodstock. It seems like it deserves to be here.
5) Linkin Park - One Step Closer - You know I'm a huge LP fan and this is one of the best.
4) Survivor - Eye of the Tiger - This one needs no explanation. What that opening beat starts, you get motivated to hurt someone.
3) Eminem - Til I Collapse - This is the only true rap song on the list, but the beat and Nate Dogg make this one a solid song to listen to. This is usually the last one I listen to before I turn off the music. It's a deeper pump up.
2) AC/DC - Thunderstruck - AC/DC in general is a band that always gets me juiced, but this is definitely my favorite. It's also in a football scene from Varsity Blues, so that helps.
1) Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - I can't think of any song that makes me more ready to run around like a crazed monster than the Jungle. Again with a movie reference, the collisions in the Program keep flashing in my mind. Definitely the tops.
Now, I need to go run off this aggression.