In honor of Michael Jackson's rise to the ranks of OJ and Kobe as celebrities who get away with anything (though MJ is innocent), it seems only fitting that this week I bring to you:
Top 10 Michael Jackson Songs
(So whip out your old cassette tapes and your copy of Home Alone, and just beat it.)
10) Earth Song - This song really didn't get any attention because he was too busy dealing with his first child-touching court case. I'd have to say this was his last good song.
9) Wanna Be Startin' Something - Who can forget, "Mama say, mama saw, mama cusa???!!!"
8) Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - I'm not a huge fan of the 70s Michael, but this was his tops.
7) The Way You Make Me Feel - The girl in this video is pretty smoking. If only she were 6 years old, and male, and I'd find the lyrics more convincing.
6) Smooth Criminal - Annie, are you OK?
5) Human Nature - A terribly underappreciated Jacko tune, though it has been sampled and re-done on many occassions.
4) Beat It - Yeah, I had a leather jacket with a bunch of zippers on it when I was 7. You got a problem with that?
3) Man in the Mirror - This ended up being his theme music for the trial, but a great song.
2) Billie Jean - Watching MJ perform this at the Motown reunion is like watching the other MJ pull the up and under move against the Lakers in the '91 NBA Finals. Spec-TAC-ular.
1) Thriller - This is a classic, groundbreaking song and video. It could be nowhere else but #1.