Saturday, June 11, 2005

How did this place get like this?

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, Amy is out of town this week, so I've been holding down the place by myself. Needless to say, with about 1 hour to myself each day before having to go to bed for the next day's work, it's hard to really keep the place up.

As a result, the place has quickly deteriorated into a "bachelor pad." Who knew it happens so quickly when the female presence disappears? I mean, seriously?! At this point, there are clothes strewn everywhere around the bedroom, dirty dishes on the counter, and dirt, I mean honest to god DIRT, is collecting on all the floors (I don't know how this is happening, because I know Amy never vacuumed regularly).

The milk even went bad! What the fuck? Now there's a bowl of cereal sitting on the counter waiting for some milk. And I ate all the taquitos...and salsa! I'm remedying most of these issues today, since I'm not working and I'm almost out of my emergency underwear. Maybe I'll go to the grocery store and pick up some milk so I can eat that cereal too. It's amazing how fast things can deteriorate. Then again, if you show me someone with a perfectly clean house, I'll show you someone who has too much time on their hands. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

The dog doesn't seem to mind the mess.

No comments: