Thursday, October 09, 2008

Tree??

Have you ever woken up from a nap and something didn't seem quite right with what you were seeing, and you questioned whether you were actually awake or not? Most often, I have the disoriented feeling of not knowing where I am for a bit, or not knowing what day of the week it is. However, just a few minutes ago, I woke up from a 20 minute nap and seemed fine as I walked to my basement to let my brother's dog (who I'm watching this afternoon) and Chloe outside.

I opened up the door and in order to get Jasper to go out with Chloe, I had to walk outside as well. And then something seemed odd. After living in my house for over 4 years now, I have become accustomed to seeing the same thing when I walked outside. Why shouldn't I? Behind my house is my fence, and only about 15 feet from there is the side of my neighbors house. And between the two is a big evergreen tree. Isn't there? Am I awake? Because there is no evergreen there any more. I'm sure it was there just the other day. It's a freakin tree!!! How did it just disappear and I didn't even hear anything? How long was I asleep?

Unfortunately, I'm not dreaming and now it appears as if my view from my back deck is squarely at the side of my neighbor's house. That'll teach me to take a nap.

No comments: