Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Beermania

This is less a post as it is a public service announcement to all of my friends that love beer. Back when I went to Charlotte a couple weeks back, we ended up going to the Blackfinn down there. When we walked in one night, I noticed these giant containers of beer sitting on all the tables. It most closely resembles a bong (the smoking kind), but sits about three feet tall with a tap on the bottom. It is full of beer!

So fast forward to this past Saturday night, I head to Blackfinn here in Bethesda to watch the Penn State game with a bunch of people. And that's when I see it on the menu. The "Tower" of beer. And it's on special. 120 ounces of beer for $15. So we order one. Then another. Then four more. Yes, five girls and I killed 720 ounces of beer. Actually, Danielle and I polished off a pitcher before we ordered our first tower, since there was only two of us there at that point. Needless to say, insanity was had by all and I have now found the greatest deal in Beer since the 40 oz. bottles for $5 at the sports bar at the Tropicana in AC.

I'll see you out there.

No comments: