Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Brain Farts 12

Well, I've got a couple things that I want to touch on, and some of them aren't really worth a full post, so I figured I'd just throw them in in my typical fashion, the Brain Farts. Not quite as satisfying as the full shit, but still humorous.

  • I was watching the Presidential debate last night and I couldn't help noticing that in his shiny black suit, and with his arm issue and waddling walk, John McCain strongly resembled the Penguin. I hope at some point, someone gives him a top hat and long cigarette thing to complete the look.
  • I also don't know if I would vote for either candidate seeing as they haven't grasped the concept of "one minute" or even understand how a stop light works. Even Tom Brokaw was getting irritated.
  • Last night, I got to see my friend Zack's baby, Mikayla. I was able to hold her for a bit and surprisingly she was not crying or fussing during this exchange. While, I like babies and know enough about how to take care of them from general knowledge and my psych classes in college, I would not consider myself an expert on baby handling. However, it never fails that whenever a baby is around, there's some older mother, whose kids are now grown, that has to chime in that she "knows" how to calm a baby. And nothing amuses me more than when this "expert" asks to hold the baby and the baby proceeds to scream like it's being held by a barbed wire fence. And yes, this happened right after I passed off Mikayla. J-Man - 1, Old Mother - 0
  • Did anyone else not notice that the NHL Hockey season started?
  • Or that the WNBA Finals just passed?
  • Work is starting to slow down now and with that comes our need to layoff several of our employees for the Winter. I have had to do this for 9 years now, and every year it is difficult, even though most of the employees are aware it is coming. Perhaps to make it less uncomfortable, I will go as Donald Trump for Halloween this year, and wear the costume in to work to lay everybody off...then it's somewhat festive.
  • Banks are failing all over the place and my bank is named after an actor most famous for playing Clark Griswald in the National Lampoon's Vacation movies. Should I be worried?

No comments: