Saturday, April 23, 2005

Keep My Head Ringing

Ugh. I feel like shit and am about to go to bed. Started drinking at about 7 pm yesterday with a margarita at Chili's with dinner. Basically, I kept on with that until 3 AM (why did that girl give us a shot at 2:45 AM...who does that!!??) when I finally left Millie & Al's and got the worst empanada ever from Julia's. Since I am poor with clock management, I missed the metro and had to sleep on Zack's couch. Then, I had to get up at 8 AM in order to make it home and over to a pool by 10 AM...the Grand Dragon's of all people, seemed fitting. I have already shat three times and I'm sure one more is on the way, plus my head hurts and my body aches from the dehydration and strain I put on myself this week. The high point of the day, however, was the 45 minute drive I had to make up to Clarksville to meet with a client to discuss their pool.

You see, I make these mix tapes, (actually CDs... and don't mind him, he's Oriental) and the one I decided to throw in for this extraordinary hangover jaunt was my 90's Rap and R&B mix. A solid mix all around, but one song in particular really brightened my day. "Keep Their Heads Ringing" by Dr. Dre. Man, this is one I haven't heard in a while and truly forgot the greatness of Dr. Dre lyrics. Here's a few choice lines for your enjoyment as well, and perhaps you should pull out your "Friday" Soundtrack and give it a listen yourself:

"In a party, I go for your neck so call me Blackula"
"Still, niggaz run up and try to kill at will; but get popped like a pimple, so call me Clearasil"
"When I rock the spot with the flavor I got; I kick plenty of ass, so call me an ass-tronaut"
"When I flow, niggaz know, it's time to take a hike; Cause I grab the mic and flip my tongue like a dyke"

And the best of them all...and I'm not sure this is in all the versions, but it's in mine:

"Just chill, listen to the beats I spill; I use Crest, so ain't no cavity creeps in my grill"

Truly a master rapper.

No comments: