Saturday, August 27, 2005

Aging

Last night, I had a big decision to make. Perhaps not that big in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was somewhat significant. As I mentioned, I got the news and the brace from the doctor...but I also asked him if I would be risking some serious damage if I played in another game on Friday night. It's the playoffs, and I played all season to get to this point, I really would rather not miss it. In typical doctor fashion, he neither gave me the green light or the red light, simply falling back on the, "Well, if you hit it again, you could cause more damage" defense.

Isn't that always the case?

Nonetheless, a decision needed to be made. Do I risk hurting my knee further by playing on it (which I would physically be able to do...if not at 100%) or do I suck it up and sit it out.

In thinking it through, I came up with this thought, that I consider to be a bit profound (someone else probably thought it up before):

"Time only counts forward, so I'm the youngest I'm going to be."

So, I played in the game. We lost.

No comments: