Thursday, May 19, 2005

Top 10: Movies

Not in the mood to be creative today so you're just gonna have to deal with my opinion. With the opening of Star Wars III today, I felt it only appropriate that I grace you with:

Top 10 Movies I Could Watch Again and Again
(notice the "I" fuckers, I don't want your backtalk)

Honorable Mention: Napoleon Dynamite - Rapidly climbing my chart, but I've only watched it about 5-6 times, so it can't crack the top 10 yet.
10. Last Samurai - This is new to my list, though it's in the same genre as Braveheart and Gladiator, which are classics in my eyes.
9. Serendipity - This is my only "softer side of the J man" pick for this list. Much like waitresses, women with British accents make me cream my shorts.
8. Spiderman - Who can beat the Bonesaw? I mean, honestly, this is the best comic strip movie. I even put it above Batman and X-men, which I'm a big fan of, and it shits on Daredevil and Elektra (what a waste of a hot actress in tights)
7. Matrix - Yeah, I guess I'm a nerd.
6. Good Will Hunting - I blame my friends for this one. I didn't used to even consider this movie, but the more I watched it (since they always seemed to play it) the more I recognized what a great movie it is. It may be the only Robin Williams movie I've seen where I don't want to kill him by the end of it.
5. Braveheart - Right up there with Gladiator, I'm a sucker for the epic violence.
4. Snatch - I just love the end.
3. Gladiator - I think I've seen the part where he "re-introduces" himself to the Emperor about 50 times. Sometimes I'll turn on the movie just to watch that scene. "...father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife...and I will have my revenge in this life or the next." Poetry.
2. Ocean's Eleven - Truly a classic movie with a great cast. Too bad they had to ruin it with a shitty sequel
1. Old School - I can't think of a time this movie has been playing and I haven't stopped everything that I'm doing to watch the rest of it. Arguably the greatest movie ever made.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will comment on how shitty 7-10 are. only number 10 is even a solid movie.

top 6 are outstanding movies for the most part.

i shit in pools.

Anonymous said...

ditto the last comment. shouldn't "Schindler's list" be on your top 10....isn't that a requirement?

Blogger said...

Serendipity is a terrible movie. I saw it on a plane once and I was praying we'd crash, just so I wouldn't have to sit through the rest of it.

The only worse movie I have seen on a plane is that one with Pacino and Cuba Gooding Jr, where he's trying to become the first black Navy diver or something. Just awful.

The J Man said...

Thanks for the comments.

Here's you: Blah, blah, blah.

Here's me (wearing my specially made T-shirt): Why don't you go get your shinebox.

Anonymous said...

#9 and #10 - totally unworthy. Why don't you just put Sleepless in Seattle on here, you know you wanted to.

#4 had its moments (d'ya like dags?) but not top 10 material. #2 is alright but should be no higher than #8.

Can't believe some of these didn't make the list:

Rounders
Godfather 1 and 2
Karate Kid
Dumb and Dumber
Saving Private Ryan
Saving Ryan's Privates
Field of Dreams
The Goonies
Billy Madison

the list of worthy movies goes on...