Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

Well, Halloween was this past weekend (well, technically it was yesterday, but who parties on a Monday?) and after 2 straight years going as a clown, a new costume was introduced. Not wanting to deal with all the face paint, my buddies Kupe, Ike and I decided to go as the MLB steroid violators (equipped with extra muscle shirts and syringes). We decided on Giambi (me), Palmeiro (Kupe) and McGwire (Ike) given our general appearances and the fact that we actually had some Yankees and O's stuff. Anyway, after attending a couple parties, we headed out into Adam's Morgan. And that's when the fun really begins.

I'm really too tired right now (stupid time change) to go into all the details, but I will give fair warning to anyone out there interested in dressing as a Yankee (or possibly a Red Sock) for Halloween. If you are not a fan of that particular team, you are in for a large amount of heckling and arguments regardless of whether you want it. I had a girl (Red Sox fan...of course) try to start a fight with me in the empanada place after she informed me that the Yankees sucked, and I informed her that if she wanted to go on rooting for the Red Sox, that she'd better plan on living to be 100 if she wanted to see them win another pennant. Then I stumbled on home...enjoying Julia's finest Saltenas Empanada. Hard to support a team that wins it all every 86 years.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures to follow of some of the highlights of the evening:


No comments: