Monday, January 02, 2006

Hail to the Redskins

Though it didn't look pretty at times, the Skins pulled off the victory over the Eagles yesterday with some late defensive heroics to advance into the playoffs. With that win, the Skins are now in line to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday in a rematch of the biggest bullshit game of the Redskins season.

The way the Skins defense has been playing the last few weeks, it would look like this one should go down much different than the first meeting, where the Skins secondary (without Sean Taylor) made Chris Simms look like Joe Montana. I have faith that they'll be able to pull through even with the very thin corner situation. And since things didn't turn out exactly as I had originally forcasted (all the right teams, not quite the right order), here's my altered predictions for those that weren't quite right before:

NFC Wildcard
Skins over Tampa Bay: This one will likely look a lot like the Philly game, with the Redskins getting beat by a big play here or there, but pulling it out with some key turnovers.

NY Giants over Carolina: Same matchup as I predicted before, but just in the Wild Card round this time.

NFC Divisional
Redskins over Seattle: I had this one before, and I'm sticking with it...even with all the injuries to the Skins.

NY Giants over Chicago: Playing in Chicago will likely make this a much tighter game than it should be, and Chicago could even pull this one out, but I'm sticking with my early prediction and putting the Skins and Giants in the NFC Conference Championship.


And if you didn't notice, that would make my predictions (AFC too) include losses to all of the teams that got a first round bye. Something tells me that's not a good thing. Oh, well.

No comments: