My posts have been few and far between over the past couple years, but I'm hoping that as a journal to myself and other expectant fathers, to be posting more over the next year or so. And yes, you read that right, the J-Man is expecting a little baby boy in August.
So, in light of this incredible news and some changes around the house that I've been noticing, I give you a new Top 10 List.
The Top 10 Way You Know You're About to Become a Dad
10. A "crib" is no longer a cool term for your house.
9. The 20% Off coupons you get from Bed, Bath, and Beyond in the mail are now like gold, to be treasured.
8. You even know that the Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons work at Buy Buy Baby
7. After years of praying, your wife's boobs, are in fact, growing
6. Instead of glancing at the attractive woman pushing a stroller at the mall, you're looking at the stroller to see which kind it is.
5. You know that Graco and Chicco are not new late night hot spots.
4. Your wife has gone from not farting in front of you, to telling you that she hasn't pooped in four days.
3. A sonogram picture is your facebook profile picture...wait, no, please don't ever do this.
2. You know EXACTLY when your wife's last menstrual period was.
1. It's Saturday afternoon, your wife is out of town, your friends are at a bar watching sports, and you're painting a nursery.
And now, back to painting. Ugh.